Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Forlorn Fir

Project 365: Feb 6

Project 365: Feb 6

In my childhood the saddest part of the holiday season for me was having to strip our live Christmas tree of its decorations and unceremoniously dumping it on the curb. While I like the smell and the texture of a real tree, now that I live in an apartment I keep my vintage Christmas decorations up yearround including a little white ceramic tree from the 1960s, so I never have to experience the 'death' of my holiday tree ever again. (Yes, I'm not even a vegetarian but get emotional over trees, odd). Anyways, saw this sad little potted Christmas tree near my apartment's dumpster today which was especially depressing as it was still very healthy and since it's in a pot will survive beyond the holidays. Would have rescued it but I'm horrible with plants (despite being the daughter of a horticulturist!) so had to leave it there in the alley. Hopefully someone else adopted it.

Also, it's so cold here that the water freezes coming out of the (outdoor) faucets! Ah, winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment