Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Morning in Chinatown

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

Project 365: Feb 7

My first summer in Chicago I lived in Chinatown in an apartment on Wentworth. It was definitely an experience and while I much prefer my current neighborhood of Ukrainian Village I definitely miss getting iced milk tea with boba on my way to the El every morning and getting $3 pan fried noodles for dinner. It's an odd area to live as it's a mix of older Chinese families and tourists-- I never knew which I'd encounter when I stepped outside my door each day.

It'd been a while since I stopped by so on this sunny day my friend and I met up for late morning dim sum-- steamed shrimp dumplings, fried turnip cakes and bbq pork buns, yum! We also poked through the local market where the sweets tempted me as usual. This week is Chinese New Year so hope all that celebrate have a good holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Dim sum!!! I just had some this morning. Yum! How does Chicago dim sum compared to San Gabriel Valley dim sum?

    ReplyDelete